Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things that make you go hmmm...


Can't go in the water but I'm determined not to let the momentum fade. I'm gonna do this, dang it!

As I await the clearing of the ears and the arrival of my wetsuit from Ebay, I still have a few issues to deal with.

1) Oh how the mighty Zen has fallen... You know when you're a kid and you think your parents know everything and then you discover they're just human beings? It's sort of a crushing blow. So Zen was right about my ear-- not a torn ear drum--but his sort of complete dismissal of the possibility that I shouldn't go in the water for a few days was perplexing. I thought he was Mr. Safety.

2) I'm drinking what? --Zen told this great story about how there's a man-made lake here locally that they use to dive and how they've been sinking various interesting things in it so people can play with them underwater. There's a video on YouTube of them driving a VW bus into the lake (check out 69 VW dive site). They have had trouble sinking a boat, he said, because they can't put motors in and without motors boats float. Even with holes in them. He finished the story by mentioning that the reason they are "so careful" about what goes down there is that THE WATER IN THE MAN-MADE LAKE IS OUR LOCAL DRINKING WATER [cue the gagging sounds].

People are swimming in my drinking water? And submerging VWs in it?

I knew there was a reason I like Evian... Then again, that probably just means I'm drinking expensive water that French folk have been swimming in. Ack! Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment